HTC VIVE: Freezes Up While Booting Up To Main Dashboard

waveintegrated

Our HTC Vive approximately 3 years old. Everything ran smoothly for about 2 years. Now when I try to start the headset while logging into VivePort of VR Steam, the startup enviroment 'shakes' or 'shudders' vertically (up and down) and the boot up process gets stuck and I can get to the main dashboard to launch any applications. On the rare occasions where I do get to the dashboard (about 1-in-15 attempts), the program gets stuck opening any VR app or I sometimes get an application crash notice. So far I've tried the following:

1. Virus Scan (clean)
2. Driver Updates
3. Removing and reinstalling Vive Software and VR Steam software (twice for both software program)
4. Added and additional bank of USB 3.0 ports
5. Changed settings on USB ports to turn off power restrictions
6. Upgraded PC Power Supply
7. Verified and or changed USB port settings to ensure they are set at Super Speed level.

Can someone please advise on where I should go from here. Thanks

DESKTOP PC SPECS:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.01 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System Type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

OPERATING SYSTEM

Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000

@waveintegrated Have you tried completely clean installing Windows? It's a nuclear option but I find it to be the fastest way to troubleshoot weird stuttering issues like this. I usually clean install Windows every 6 months or so to keep everything fast and secure.

If you have access to a 2nd VRPC, you can probably try to rule out the headset, but the headset is basically a glorified monitor that mindlessly displays whatever signals it receives meaning that it either works or it doesn't.