Vive Focus 3 storage not seen in windows explorer.

JMBart

One of my 3 vive focus 3's does not give a prompt when plugged into USB to enable File Transfer mode. It has usb debugging enabled, and it is recognized by adb and I can install apps via adb, but I would like to easily transfer files with windows explorer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• 3 weeks later...

NOTE: In my case the cable used is the official Oculus Link Cable (optical, hi-speed, USB-C) connected to a USB-C port on the PC motherboard. I get the same issue on two different PCs, one with Windows 10 and one with Windows 11. Connecting via ADB (Android Debug Bridge) works fine. Streaming via VIVE Business Streaming from Steam VR works fine too. It's only the Windows Explorer connection that does not work as expected.

According to this guide - https://www.vive.com/eu/support/focus3/category_howto/copying-screenshots-and-recordings-to-computer.html - a "VIVE Focus 3" device should appear in Windows Explorer (step 5). Instead I get an "Unspecified" device called "KONA-QRD _SN:<serial nr>" (insert your serial number here) in "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers". Also, in step 2 a "Choose USB mode" dialog should appear in the headset, but that does not happen.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue, I ended up updating the headset and then resetting by going to

Settings > Advanced > Reset Device

Once that is done you might want to plug and unplug (from headset and PC) your link cable if you don't get the prompt.

Once I did this I was able to get the transfer prompt to work. I currently have 10 Vive Focus 3's that I am setting up and I have to do this in order to see in windows explorer.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 1/31/2022 at 9:09 PM, JMBart said:

One of my 3 vive focus 3's does not give a prompt when plugged into USB to enable File Transfer mode. It has usb debugging enabled, and it is recognized by adb and I can install apps via adb, but I would like to easily transfer files with windows explorer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Did you succeed in solving your problem I have exactly the same problem, if you succeeded can you share with me the solution to the problem.

Thanks,