Vive software won't download

Nickls

After three days the download is always at 94%. Now I'm trying to install the vive software on two other notebbok but the same problem has occurred. The pc are dell alenware notebook without antivirus. Please give me a suggestion to install the vive software, I've tried all the solution proposed by the community and also to launch setup from different country (eu and us).

Best regards

Luca 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have the exact same problem here.

The download of Vive software hangs and fails after a short time.

I can't update my Vive software and can't reinstall it from scratch.

I'm located in France, and the error occurs inside the installer (downloading the installer from the website works, downloading the software from the installer hangs)

Can't you add an offline installer to download from the website ?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi

Same for me. I am having the same issues, either it stopps at arround 6 MB or at 94 %.

Even after waiting hours no progress.

I need an urgent solution as I want to use this system on an exhibition!

Regards,

Michel

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem to others here. I am able to download the installer from viveport.com using the Download button at the top right. I run vivesw.exe as administrator, and set firewall exceptions for the Vive identity authenticator, but I still get hung up at the beginning of the install when it asks me to sign in. I click sign in, the icon greys out for about a minute, then goes to blue again. No additional dialogs appear, foreground or background.

Plese send me the latest version, because I already downloaded the VIVE setup from the official site, but when I run it, it searches for the latest version but the download remains unchangeble. 

I have a Geforce 1080, Intel 6600k, 16Gb RAM. I live in Brazil.

, we have identified a possible fix to the type of issue you described but it will take several weeks for it to be pushed to production, possibly longer since it's hard to reproduce. We believe it is centered around the way windows handles the registry entries that dictate which browser is launched when you click the button. Are you currently on an active subscription? 

Is it an update loop? Basically you open the client, it prompts for an update, you initialize and complete the update and then launch the software and it prompts for an update? 

I am not on an active subscription right now. I'd wanted to get this up and running before I did. I will also try changing my default browser and let you know of that works, but it does sound like you know what specifically is going on.