Vive Pro Eye-power button bypass possible? wake on lan etc...

gscholten

Hello,

We are running 3 Vive Pro Eye's in simulations together but each is in a different physical location. The need to go to each one and push the power button is a hassle. Has anyone had any luck getting them to power on without physically going and pushing the button?

@gscholten I believe they made a version of a linkbox that's specific for LBE that has an always-on circuit. I think it's literally called the "always on" linkbox and that it's something our enterprise team handles. 

The power button is one of the more controversial additions - I personally am a huge fan because I usually have multiple types of Vive/SteamVR headsets connected to my PC and it let's me switch off between HMD without having to unplug cables.

I think one reason the power button exists is that it helps with conditioning the power by ensuring the current is stable before it hits the headset. It prevents a huge spike of amperage from entering the headset in the first second when the linkbox gets plugged into mains power.

11 hours ago, HackPerception said:

@gscholten I believe they made a version of a linkbox that's specific for LBE that has an always-on circuit. I think it's literally called the "always on" linkbox and that it's something our enterprise team handles. 

The power button is one of the more controversial additions - I personally am a huge fan because I usually have multiple types of Vive/SteamVR headsets connected to my PC and it let's me switch off between HMD without having to unplug cables.

I think one reason the power button exists is that it helps with conditioning the power by ensuring the current is stable before it hits the headset. It prevents a huge spike of amperage from entering the headset in the first second when the linkbox gets plugged into mains power.

Thank You Very Much. We have this setup running at 19 different DOD installations who would I contact for a bid on getting about 60 of these always on boxes. Again Thank you very much for your help.