Direct preview doesn't preview in the Focus 3 headset .... only in the Editor window.

Wazir

Hi @vethetheth,

After some testings, I found below result.

For Wave sample scene (ControllerTipsTest), if problem existed, could you try to restart Unity and try DirectPreview again?

For VIU example scene, you need to power OFF controllers instead of leaving them idle.

Whenever you meet the problem, you need to restart Unity to recover.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

It's been a while since the last reply but is this solved yet? I did manage to connect the Focus 3 to Direct Preview using Wi-Fi and I'm able to see the headset movement in the editor, but sadly I can only watch a small frame of the unity scene in the headset, everything else is black.

Curiously, I made a recording of the headset in order to show what I'm talking about, but after checking the recording in the computer, it looks fine there.

Just fyi, I'm working with Unity 2021.3.2f1 and Wave XR / Wave Essence plugins version 4.4.0-r.8

Thanks!

Right, so following the tutorial and by making some troubleshooting I made it work. I'm not sure if it is the intended behaviour but in my case it began working when playing using Wi-Fi connection type but also with USB plugged. APK won't install or start only by using Wi-Fi connection (cmd prompts saying "waiting for device"), needed to have USB connected too.

By using this setup, I could see the environment working correctly in HMD and editor.

Thanks for your help Tony!

• 5 months later...

Hi! I have issues using Direct Preview as well. When I want to use it, the pose of the headset is indeed correct in the unity editor, but all I can see in the headset is "Connecting...". I have a project using URP and the target device is a Focus 3. I am sure that WaveXR is ticked on the android and PC plateform, both devices are on the same network. The streaming server doesn't indicate any error. I use the wifi connect type, the headset ip address, I have indeed ticked "Enable preview image", the update frequency is 15 FPS, the render target device is "others", the preview image ratio is 0.4 and i didn't ticked "regularly save images". Could you tell me if you have any idea what to try to solve my problem please ?

Thank you for your answers

Edited by julie.helbecque

Hi! I have too issues using Direct Preview. When I want to use it, the pose of the headset is indeed correct in the unity editor, but all I can see in the headset is "Connecting...". I have a project using URP, the unity version is 2021.3.13f1 and the target device is a Focus 3. I am sure that WaveXR is ticked on the android and PC plateform, both devices are on the same network. The streaming server doesn't indicate any error. I use the wifi connect type, the headset ip address, I have indeed ticked "Enable preview image", the update frequency is 15 FPS, the render target device is "others", the preview image ratio is 0.4 and i didn't ticked "regularly save images". Could you tell me if you have any idea what to try to solve my problem please ? Moreover, during my tests one of the pc I worked with raised an error telling me that I had to update my nvidia drivers, which were up to date. This pc had the graphic card NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Laptop GPU.

Thank you for your answers

• 2 weeks later...