VIVE Software 2.0.19.1 – Beta Release Notes

C.T.

3 hours ago, dburne said:

I still get Steam VR crashes with critical error every time I exit Vive Console. This Beta did not change that for me.

Can you share your steam VR report? let's check if there's anything we miss.

9 hours ago, C.T. said:

Can you share your steam VR report? let's check if there's anything we miss.

I had accidently messed up the channel numbers on my two base stations and was having issues yesterday, got that squared away so that might have played a role. I will see how it does today and advise, thanks. If it starts doing it again I will post the report.

• Like 1

I'm going to add here that prior to this update I was constantly being forced to re-run the Steam room setup.  I haven't seen that happen since the update either, making me think that that problem might have been a side effect of the crashes.  All-in-all, this feels so much more stable now.

3 hours ago, dburne said:

I had accidently messed up the channel numbers on my two base stations and was having issues yesterday, got that squared away so that might have played a role. I will see how it does today and advise, thanks. If it starts doing it again I will post the report.

Well it is doing it again, Steam VR Critical Error after closing Vive Console followed by losing my base stations ( not waking up) on next start of Vive Console/Steam VR..

Going to try a clean install of both Vive Console and Steam VR one more time. If it still happens will get the log.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dburne said:

Well it is doing it again, Steam VR Critical Error after closing Vive Console followed by losing my base stations ( not waking up) on next start of Vive Console/Steam VR..

Going to try a clean install of both Vive Console and Steam VR one more time. If it still happens will get the log.

Just did a clean install of both VIve Console and Steam VR. Beta of Vive Console, release version of Steam VR.

Base stations not waking up or being recognized. Pulling my hair out here. Attached is my Steam VR Report. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SteamVR-2021-11-23-AM_09_58_24.txt

Edited by dburne

I would add this whole base station not waking up issue with the VP2 only started with this replacement headset I received on Sunday. I suppose I could test it out with my Index and see if it exhibits the same behavior.

Ok I removed the USB drivers in Steam VR Developer Mode, reboot and restarted Vive Console and Steam VR and they are working now. Will see if it happens again immediately following a Steam VR critical error after closing Vive Console again.

Edited by dburne