Missed Frames

isaiahhemphill

Hello .  To clarify your issue, you upgraded your video card from a Sapphire Radeon 290 Tri-X video card to a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti video card, is that correct?  And the Vive performance went downhill immediatly after you installed the new hardware?  

Thank you for the confirmation.  To being the troubleshooting process, When the new card was installed, did it do a check for updated drivers and install those or did it just install the stock drivers for the 1080 Ti?  If it did not install the latest drivers, that's the first place we want to start.  Incidentally, this drop off in performance, are you experiencing it across the board, or does it happen during specific activities?  I look forward to your reply.  Thank you for your time.  

I used DDU in safe mode to remove all drivers from the previous card and installed the newest drivers available from the NVIDIA website. The performance issue is during any activity within VR. I ran the VR performance test and received a score of an 11 and non VR games have very high FPS. I already attempted to upgrade my bios, play with NVIDIA settings like power management. Confirmed that my system is not overheating and never gets over 40 degrees Celcius. The card was installed only 2 days ago, i even went so far to uninstall and reinstall not just steam vr but the vive software and steam altogether.

When you say that you played with the NVIDIA power management settings, did you confirm that it was set to 'Maximum performance'?  Regarding the uninstall of the Vive Software as well as the Steam software;  did you reboot the computer before you tried to reinstall them?  If you've confirmed all of this, can you try to bypass the link box and connect the 3-in-1 cable directly to the PC?  Looking forward to hearing back from you!  

Archived