- Important - VIVE Focus 3 Controller Firmware 2.0.0.060 - Update Notes

C.T.

To have better controller tracking, update your VIVE Focus 3 to system version 3.0.999.266 or later, and then update your controller firmware to version 2.0.0.060.
You can update your controller firmware by connecting your headset to a Wi-Fi network. Another way is to connect your headset to your PC via a USB-C cable and use the tool provided here to do the controller update.
If your controllers cannot be tracked by your headset after the firmware update, connect the headset to your PC and try running the tool again before contacting HTC Customer Care. 
After updating
your VIVE Focus 3 to system version 3.0.999.266 or later, use one of the following methods to update your controllers:

Important: Before proceeding, make sure there’s enough battery power on your headset and controllers.

Please download the tool here -> Download

Update via Vive Focus 3 Settings page

Step 1:
Go to Settings > Connectivity > Controller, and then select Firmware update.

Each controller will be updated. During the update process, the LED on each controller will flash red and blue alternately.

Step 2:
When the update is complete, select Finish.

1.png.26a2f961059343420ba62c2e3ed3e7b1.png

2.png.cba378b3af3c52b390196698b87302c6.png

3.png.69e0e0fa391548d3ec9dd80590e3ea50.png

Update via the Controller Update Tool on your PC

Step 1:
Connect your VIVE Focus 3 to your PC using a USB-C cable.

Step 2:
Click the Set up headset button.

Step 3:
Click the Start controller update button and follow the instruction to update the controller firmware.

4.png.31e3f42eed8878c730bf2e3589298758.png

5.png.c483d10ce7120568555975a38dc48d9b.png

6.png.b0b427c380f57454100fd05719d2baae.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

after the update of the controllers I do not see the controllers in the headset anymore. The controllers get connected via bluethooth, but can not interact with the headset. 

I started the procees of the headset, left the headset on the table and then I am in the situation. I also reseted the headset via the app, but it did not help. 

I also tried to connect the headset to use the update PC tool. However It seems not to work. 

Anybody can help me?

Best regards

7 hours ago, Steve76 said:

Hello,

after the update of the controllers I do not see the controllers in the headset anymore. The controllers get connected via bluethooth, but can not interact with the headset. 

I started the procees of the headset, left the headset on the table and then I am in the situation. I also reseted the headset via the app, but it did not help. 

I also tried to connect the headset to use the update PC tool. However It seems not to work. 

Anybody can help me?

Best regards

Can you let me know what firmware version is it on your headset?
And please follow the Controller update PC Tool by setup the Headset first, then controller update one by one again. 

After that, please try pairing both of your controller once again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 2:20 AM, C.T. said:

Can you let me know what firmware version is it on your headset?
And please follow the Controller update PC Tool by setup the Headset first, then controller update one by one again. 

After that, please try pairing both of your controller once again.

Hello, 

sorry have not answered earlier. It was strange, after some reboots the installation of the controller firmware restarted and went perfectly through.

Best regards

• Like 1