Head unit goes black in game

RickB

wrote:

Can you run a SteamVR report log and PM me?

I'd like to take a look at it.

Thanks,

-John C

Sure you bet... I still have not been back on my VR system.  Vacation days.  Do I run the report from the SteamVR software itself?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Synthesis...

I tried to send you the contents of the report via a PM, but the report was too long. Guess a PM can only be 60,000 chars.  Do you have an email address you can PM me and I'll send you the file that way?

wrote:

Hi all, 

Just got a brand new vive. Got it setup, firmware updates were sucessful.  Things seemed to be running fine (finicky, but working).  All of a sudden I started having an issue where in while in the game, the display goes black.  The game will still be running on the computer, but I loose connectivity to the head unit.

I've checked the connection on the head unit itself by lifting the cover.  All connections are tight from head unit, to the box, to the computer.  

Switch to mini-DP connection for the Vive interface box to laptop if you have the appropriate cable and report back if the issue is resolved. If you still have in-game audio, then it seems like an issue with the laptop and direct mode. Also install NVIDIA GeFORCE Experience software and check again that your drivers are updated to the latest. The latest version for your config should be 378.92 (updated on 3/20). 

wrote:

wrote:

Hi all, 

Just got a brand new vive. Got it setup, firmware updates were sucessful.  Things seemed to be running fine (finicky, but working).  All of a sudden I started having an issue where in while in the game, the display goes black.  The game will still be running on the computer, but I loose connectivity to the head unit.

I've checked the connection on the head unit itself by lifting the cover.  All connections are tight from head unit, to the box, to the computer.  

Switch to mini-DP connection for the Vive interface box to laptop if you have the appropriate cable and report back if the issue is resolved. If you still have in-game audio, then it seems like an issue with the laptop and direct mode. Also install NVDIDA GeFORCE Experience software and check again that your drivers are updated to the latest. The latest version for your config should be 378.92 (updated on 3/20). 

Hi Jad...

I do have the GeForce software on the laptop, drivers are updated to latest.

I swapped to mini-DP and that seemed to work! I have been able to play both theBlu and Arizona Sunshine this morning and everything seems to be running great!

Thank you all so much for your assistance. Greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I got vive recently and running into this issue. And also new to steam. Can you please tell me at what time the headset will get worn so that the headset goes into power saving mode. And I got these entries in my vrserver.txt. what should we do for not to go into the power saving mode ? Thanks in advance.

• 10 months later...

You can also play this game with the help of the subscription card. I used to play my favorite video game on the Xbox console with its subscription card. If you are interested in playing a video game, then you can Xbox Live 50 Euro Kaufen from the Press Start. With this subscription card, I can download the latest advance multiplayer game or I can chat with my friends.

You can also play this game with the help of the subscription card. I used to play this game on the Xbox console with its subscription card. If you are interested in playing a video game, then you can visit this site https://www.press-start.com/de/ to know more about this subscription card. With this, I can download the latest game or I can chat with my friends.

Archived