MAD!!! Cancelled my FLOW preorder after learning NO IPHONE SUPPORT???? WTF???

quantum7

I'm very disappointed, as I really wanted to buy FLOW.....until I learned the absolutely STUPID mistake of HTC only allowing FLOW to be used with Android phones.  I's be willing to bet that more people who own iPhones would be interested in FLOW than Andoris users.  HTC really should fire whomever made this unwise decision.  😞 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HackPerception said:

@quantum7 - The Flow's support list is determined by the chipset that is integrated in the device, not by HTC.

I sure wish they chose another chipset then.  I also wish they put that NOT IPHONE COMPATIBLE tragedy more upfront in their advertisement.  This would have been a great product, but alas only certain types of phone users will ever know.  😞

Edited by quantum7
  • Like 1

Ya, no support with my iPhone 12 mini, no Vive Flow for me either.  I don't know but maybe Apple has something to do with this since I think that they are planning a VR iPhone device/app in the near future.  Very hard to believe that Vive would not have thought this through beforehand.

It's kind of a cool product, but it's really neutered at the same time. As far as I can tell, the only input it currently accepts is from an Android phone running a specific chipset; there's no hand tracking yet and there doesn't appear to be a button for gaze control on the HMD. That rules out so many potential customers, it seems like a rather ill conceived launch.

@HTC: any chance of being able to pair the Flow with Cosmos or Focus controllers in the future? How about supporting SteamVR streaming using Vive Business Streaming? I'd love to pre order one, but I have to be able to do something with it. Convince me, please!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's all based on the chip set of the device. Flow runs a Qualcomm chip, and thus works best at the hardware level with phones that are based on Qualcomm chips. With Flow's latest update, we were able to add support for Samsung Exynos chipsets.

iOS is a unique challenge because it is a walled garden not only at the hardware layer, but at the IOS app store layer as well.

@Vivenado@andreasnielsen

• 3 weeks later...