HTC Vive Pro 2 with my current hardware

Sgrast

My current setup is:

HTC Vive base stations 1.0 and controllers (all from the original HTC Vive set)

Laptop GE66 Raider with intel i7-10870H- 2.2Ghz with 32 GB Ram, SSD drive and RTX 3080 

Question: is this configuration compatible and usable with HTC Vive Pro 2 headset (only the new headset, no upgrade of base stations or controllers)? I would like to upgrade to the Pro 2 headset.

I use it mainly for sim racing (Assetto Corsa).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments.

Steve

@Sgrast That laptop apparently has a dedicated MiniDisplayPort? It's hard to verify with how many models MSI puts out, but that usually bodes well.

You're definitely at a good spec - I would just note that you probably need a laptop cooling pad to keep the performance stable during longer sessions and not get hit with thermal throttling.

I've bought the HTC Vive Pro 2 but, and after connecting and installing everything, I get the following error:

Error 210 compositor disconnected

I've rebooted the laptop GE66 Raider (several) times but with the same result. The laptop GE66 Raider did run the (original) HTC Vive Pro without any problems and I've tested the HTC Vive Pro 2 on another (older) PC and it also worked without any problems. Currently I've got no idea to solve this problem. Can anyone give some advice/suggestions as how to continue with GE66 Raider and HTC Vive Pro 2? Thanks in advance.