C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming Software 1.04.0 – Beta Release Notes
Released August 31st 2021

VBS Console – 1.04.0

[General]

• Fixed an issue which VBS fail to launch on some AMD gaming laptops
  • Improved controller joystick movement in wireless condition

[Server]

• Supported multiple IP display on VBS console when detecting more than one network adapters.

VBS Client - 1.0.6.2 (update through Vive Business App Store)

• Improved content compatibility by refining the grip and skeleton actions such as Pavlov / CDC Traininglab/ Traffic Jam
  • Improved the performance when enable “always show floor bound” on Focus 3
  • Fine-tuned on controller low frequency vibration events, for example, Angry birds VR

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any known issues with this release and Windows 11? I'm on Windows 11 Pro version 21H2, OS Build 22000.194 and have been trying for the past hour to get wireless streaming working again. The server starts on the PC, but when running the app in the headset, it's not able to see any available PCs on the network. No changes to the wireless network since the last time I tried a few weeks ago, and I'm on VBS 1.04.0 and made sure the headset app is updated as well. Also disabled the Windows Firewall completely on the PC to make sure something wasn't being blocked, and no change in behavior.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:25 PM, jefmes said:

Are there any known issues with this release and Windows 11? I'm on Windows 11 Pro version 21H2, OS Build 22000.194 and have been trying for the past hour to get wireless streaming working again. The server starts on the PC, but when running the app in the headset, it's not able to see any available PCs on the network. No changes to the wireless network since the last time I tried a few weeks ago, and I'm on VBS 1.04.0 and made sure the headset app is updated as well. Also disabled the Windows Firewall completely on the PC to make sure something wasn't being blocked, and no change in behavior.

mine works fine. with the same W11 built.
Have you tried this article yet?

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, C.T. said:

mine works fine. with the same W11 built.
Have you tried this article yet?

I'll give it a look, thanks. Even wired was acting up it turned out, so I think Win11 may have just been blocking one of the services. I haven't gone back to try wireless again since that post but I suspect I'll be a-OK now.

• Like 1

In case anyone else runs into it - somewhere along the way with the Windows 11 update, my PC's primary network was set to "Public" rather than "Private." Public is more restrictive and does not allow connectivity to services on a PC unless manually configured, with the assumption in you're in a non-trusted environment. I switched that network to "Private" and I immediately was able see the VBS server on my PC, and had a great hour of wireless VR without serious issue.

• Like 1