Focus 3 development with Wave and Unity's XR Interaction Toolkit

aseton

Hi,

A similar question in regards to the Focus Plus. We seem unable to get the controller tracking to work by using the XR toolkit. We originally noticed the headset wasn't tracking but adding the WaveDeviceLayouts seemed to fix it. However, we are unable to get the controllers to track their positions and rotations at all.

Are there dependencies editor side we are missing? I adjusted the Input Actions to the WaveXRController specific bindings but no luck.

Thanks,

@smeerAlso a question I had is how you found the strings for the product name here (see below)? I have a suspicion the controller names could be different on the Focus Plus:

.WithProduct("(WVR_CR_(Left|Right)|WVR_CR_(Left|Right))"))

Thanks,

I imported the WaveDeviceLayouts.cs in my project and created my action map like this :

image.thumb.png.d79eab26af5e78135da55960742a3e4a.png

image.thumb.png.585cbdef63dae24b8d30dd0dc411d3d7.png

But it doesn't work on the HTC Vive Focus Plus (but it's working on Oculus Quest).

Moreover I don't have the rotation of the head, only the position with this setup :

image.png.46e2164fcbd4c4318e84e14b6b2cbed2.png

Can someone explain me how to make the XRRig Input Base working with HTC Vive Focus Plus ? Thank you

• Unity 2019.4.29
  • HTC Vive Focus Plus
  • XR Plugin Management 4.1.0
  • Vive Input Utility 1.13.4
  • Vive Wave XR Plugin 4.1.1-r3.2
  • Vive Wave XR Plugin - Essence 4.1.1-r.3.2

@VirtiLukas

I think you should be able to see the device names in the XR Interaction Debug window (Window -> Analysis -> XR Interaction Debugging,  in the Input Devices tab).
If not, also try taking a look in the Input Debugger or take a look at the props at `InputDevices.deviceConnected` via a breakpoint. For debugging purposes, I also recommend stepping into the places in the code that I mentioned in my previous answer.