How to improve poor quality on Vive Business Streaming

jaxx1974

I'm running a 3070 and AMD R5 3600 at the moment and they're going great. Don't forget when you're buying new gear that people are normally happy to help critique the build before you buy.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:27 AM, C.T. said:

You may need to get a PCIe USB 3.0 expansion card with an ASMedia controller chip if you are running AMD platform for Streaming via USB now. 

C.T. Do you have any more specific recommendations for a PCI USB card? Something with a ASM3142 chipset?

20 hours ago, vrwanter said:

I'm running a 3070 and AMD R5 3600 at the moment and they're going great. Don't forget when you're buying new gear that people are normally happy to help critique the build before you buy.

C.T. Do you have any more specific recommendations for a PCI USB card? Something with a ASM3142 chipset?

You are right, VRwanter, I should have asked previously, now my built goes into production the next week. 

I possibly could instruct the company on Monday to add a PCI USB card to this built but I would require the precise name of it as I have no clue myself.

Without that PCI USB card I assume that I cannot use the AMD Streaming software for streaming, correct? How are you doing your streaming, Vrwanter? Is SteamVR performing well here too?

I also please the C.T admin to let us have the precise name of the card soonest possible.

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, jaxx1974 said:

You are right, VRwanter, I should have asked previously, now my built goes into production the next week. 

I possibly could instruct the company on Monday to add a PCI USB card to this built but I would require the precise name of it as I have no clue myself.

Without that PCI USB card I assume that I cannot use the AMD Streaming software for streaming, correct? How are you doing your streaming, Vrwanter? Is SteamVR performing well here too?

I also please the C.T admin to let us have the precise name of the card soonest possible.

Thanks in advance.

I only really use wireless streaming on the Focus 3, not USB; I have an Asus RT AX55 dedicated for wireless streaming and it works really well.

I've used USB with the Quest 2 and it seems to work fine, but not sure if they have the same chipset related issues..

Your build should be fine, it should only be an extra $40 or so to get the right USB card, but I haven't tried any, so I can't really recommend. I would think that anything with the ASM3242 chipset should be fine, but again, I can't really say for sure, since I haven't tried one.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not getting that. I received my new computer with lots of USB 3 and USB C ports including the StarTech PCle card but when I try to connect it via the 2 USB C ports I m getting the error message in VIVE Business Streaming: '501 Error: USB-connection too slow. Use USB 3.0 or higher.' I also tried to connect with with via USB 3.2 and USB C port and I m getting the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

12 hours ago, jaxx1974 said:

I am not getting that. I received my new computer with lots of USB 3 and USB C ports including the StarTech PCle card but when I try to connect it via the 2 USB C ports I m getting the error message in VIVE Business Streaming: '501 Error: USB-connection too slow. Use USB 3.0 or higher.' I also tried to connect with with via USB 3.2 and USB C port and I m getting the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

Share your cable model?