Can't find HTC Vive Pro extension cable.

Fepimont

Hi everyone, 

I bought a Vive Pro VR headset, so far everything is good with it, but I came to find that the cable is kinda o short. I've been trying to find an extension or a bigger cable for the headset that connects to the linkbox, but unfortunately without success. Can someone help where to find it or at least the name of the headset cable, please?

*Ps. I've seen it the wireless adaptor but it out of question due to its price.

Thank you.

Edited by Fepimont
new info

@Fepimont There's no good option to extend Displayport driven headsets. Displayport is really designed to connect HD sources to monitors a few meters away - VR is just leveraging it. That standard simply doesn't support long distances, and signal deterioration becomes too much of an issue around 5 meters, which is why all of the HMD tethers are around the same length.

Some high-end enterprise customers have bought fancy Displaport -> CAT7 style systems which can have some success if you buy high enough quality gear, but these systems costs many hundreds of dollars and only make sense in specific use cases.

17 hours ago, HackPerception said:

@Fepimont There's no good option to extend Displayport driven headsets. Displayport is really designed to connect HD sources to monitors a few meters away - VR is just leveraging it. That standard simply doesn't support long distances, and signal deterioration becomes too much of an issue around 5 meters, which is why all of the HMD tethers are around the same length.

Some high-end enterprise customers have bought fancy Displaport -> CAT7 style systems which can have some success if you buy high enough quality gear, but these systems costs many hundreds of dollars and only make sense in specific use cases.

Thanks for the help. So there isn`t a good option to make the VR more independent from the PC? The idea would be to extend from 5 to 7-10 meters tops.

@Fepimont - You can:

• Use Vive Wireless and mount your PC in the center of your playspace's ceiling so you can mount the antenna downwards. This will maximize the 10x10m potential
  • Use something like Vive Focus 3 with WiFi 6 streaming. Your results will vary based on your hardware and deployment specifics.

Otherwise - anything past 5M is a stretch right now with current wired headsets. You generally need expensive fiber optic cables to go beyond 5M wired right now at higher resolutions and the fiber optic cables end up costing almost as much as the headset itself which is why you only really see them on Varjo headsets.