I'm having trouble with tracking when I have more than 2 VIVE TRACKERS connected. Tracking becomes very poor, I experience a lot of jitters. It''s actually unusable. I think it has something to do with bluetooth connection quality and I seek any helpful tips how to improve it. Here is what I have already tried:
1. I have no reflective surfaces in the room. I've even had to replace my wardrobes as those had reflective doors :-). My windows are completely covered.
2. I have tried a couple of setups with base stations. I used 2x VIVE Base Stations 2.0, 4x VIVE Base Stations 2.0, 2x VALVE Index Base Stations 2.0 and finally 4x VALVE Index Base Stations 2.0. Multiple positions were tested. The results didn't vary much. After connecting 4 - 5 VIVE Trackers, I get very poor performance on some of them. And of course - it's random - most of the times one or two trackers has tracking issues, sometimes the controllers start to jitter.
3. I've noticed that when I connect 2 VIVE Trackers wireless with dongles and 3 VIVE Trackers with USB cables, tracking is good or perfect even. To connect the tracker with an USB cable, you need a little trick - first you have to plug in a dongle to an USB port, pair the tracker to that dongle and then remove the dongle and connect the tracker to the same port with USB cable.
4. I've tried turning off my WIFI router as it sends 2,4 GHz signal and can interfere with Bluetooth connections (at least in theory).
5. The trackers aren't placed near any metal objects that could interfere with their antennas. I use the TrackStraps and TrackBelt from the VIVE US store.
Do you have any ideas or tips, what else I could test to have good quality, full wireless tracking with two controllers, and 5 VIVE Trackers?