Thanks for your quick reply!
Based on your suggestion, I've tried to see if the problem reproduces using the openvr's official examples "hellovr_opengl" and "hellovr_dx12" (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/openvr/tree/master/samples).
The result is that "hellovr_opengl" app crashes with in the first few frames while "hellovr_dx12" app runs without any problem.
- To build them on my Windows 10 x64, I've used the solution/project files for x86 build, which are contained in the openvr samples above, and made minimal necessary modification to them for x64 build.
- Hand Tracking SDK is used following the documentation.
- StartGestureDetection at the end of CMainApplication::BInit()
- StopGestureDetection in the beginning of CMainApplication::Shutdown()
- the problem occurs even if I don't call GetGestureResult
- when the app crashes, access violation at vcruntime140.dll is sometimes reported by the debugger
I think it will not take much time to arrange them, but if you need the actual codes for further investigation, let me somehow send them to you.