Jump to content


Verified Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Update - Unity has reproduced the issue on their end and flagged a bug: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/xr-sdk-cameraworldtoscreenpoint-returns-offset-coordinates
  2. I did not figure it out. Would you please post details @Av ? I know where the issue lies, though, it's a difference between the view provided by "Left Eye" vs the full image rendered to the headset. I have made a simple example, where the camera coordinates of an object are printed directly on screen. The project is attached (EyeTrackingIssue.zip), but the full code is the following: using UnityEngine; using UnityEngine.UI; using UnityEngine.XR; public class DisplaySSCoordinates : MonoBehaviour { public Transform debugSphere; public Text displayText; public Camera vrCamera; private void Update() { var coords = vrCamera.WorldToScreenPoint(debugSphere.position, Camera.MonoOrStereoscopicEye.Left); var eyeTextureSize = new Vector2(XRSettings.eyeTextureWidth, XRSettings.eyeTextureHeight); var units = new Vector2(coords.x / eyeTextureSize.x, coords.y / eyeTextureSize.y); displayText.text = $"({units.x:F2},{units.y:F2})"; } } You can see that in the bottom-left and top-right corners, the coordinates are not what I would expect. For the center it is correct: However when I switch from the "LeftEye" to "OcclusionMesh", the coordinates are correct: This is obviously not SRanipal issue only, probably will also happen for other EyeTracking systems, however I think this is the prescribed way of getting the screen-space position (it's a while I'm not sure, I'm happy for a different workflow). I noticed that the error changes with the aspect ratio, which makes sense as the screen-crop of the "LeftEye" changes too. I'd need to obtain the information how the "EyeTexture" is cropped into the game view to calculate the position correctly. Any recommendations? EyeTrackingIssue.zip
  3. I'm trying to display a UI element in the position of the gaze collision. I found out that just using: Camera.main.WorldToScreenPoint(collision.position, Camera.MonoOrStereoscopicEye.Left); does not fully work for the "LeftEye" display - there seems to be some screen-cropping going on (about 15% on each side). Does anybody have a way how to reliably obtain a screenpoint from world point in SteamVR in Unity please? @Daniel_Y @Corvus
  4. @Corvus This functionality is also quite important to us, are there any updates on this please? @Jad @Daniel_Y
  5. Deleting the files worked. The folder had over 200k files in it.
  6. Thank you very much - I'll test the temporary solution in the evening (CET timezone) and post the result.
  7. Remote access would be a bit of a problem, I'd try to avoid that if possible. Your steps are correct. To illustrate I made a screen recording of the process, linked here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hpECj43vpgPNs51HcmpPKetTDxY_utSr/view?usp=sharing If you can't reproduce it I guess it might be a HW/SW config problem? I can run diagnostics if that would help. I'd like to note that this behaviour is not shared by any other programs or VR experiences on my PC (I've succesfully developed alternate version of the program, that I'm trying to convert to Viveport, for SteamVR with the Steam backend without any similar issue). Thanks for looking into this.
  8. I've bundled the failing code : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVHmvvv4P0NVxvjNf-yhH3scNovwUgy1/view?usp=sharing . I've made an app just for testing, the AppID points there, you can use it out of the box. To make Viveport crash it usually suffices to start and stop the project 2-3 times and wait for about 15 seconds. I've updated both Viveport and Unity and the issue persists. I've checked and at the time of crash Viveport was using 1GB out of 24GB of available memory, so unless it failed on trying to address another 20 at once it should not be a memory issue IMO.
  9. The code is literally just the first API example thrown on a single gameobject with the AppID changed. From what I can see there's no continuous calling of the API here: https://developer.viveport.com/documents/sdk/en/api_top.html?__woopraid=ltqn03tReSbU&_ga=2.214637972.247956097.1544001584-450330755.1512727222#detailed-example-in-unity I'll be able to bundle and upload the project later today.
  10. The logs have been submitted, also available to download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NURcKc0tWLqmEXkJhUeFi9QVP4euiN_4/view?usp=sharing
  11. Thank you for the quick reply. Here's the editor log (it's more executions, not all result in a Viveport crash, latest one did): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NOKjmOoSOlhVIkgiY7oNAw7IyVGZl7gL Here's a screenshot, I was checking the Task manager, in general Viveport seems to take immense amount of CPU when the snippet is executed (even leaping over 50%) and not decrease once the Unity execution stops. Configuration: Windows 10 (1803) GTX 1070 Intel i7-6700 Let me know if I can provide something else.
  12. Viveport SDK for Unity crashes Viveport. Steps to reproduce: Launch Viveport (tesed version 1.2.8) Start new Unity project (tested version 2018.2.13f1) Import Viveport SDK (tested version 1.7.10) Open Empty Scene Create new script with the first example code for Unity SDK at https://developer.viveport.com/documents/sdk/en/api_top.html#detailed-example-in-unity In the script replace the VIVEPORT_ID for the ID of your application Place the script on an object Hit Play Viveport starts lagging and eventually (~10 seconds) crashes Sometimes it survives first play, but once the game is paused and played again it crashes for certain. Unable to develop further as the very fist example code snippet causes meltdown of the SDK. Please advise.
  • Create New...