I've been having this problem for a little while now. I've been searching for answers everywhere and tried everything, but nothing has helped. The HMD lights in red and always gives me a 208 error code. I've had my Vive since April 2016, and it's been working perfectly up until just recently.
- usbdeview to remove usb drivers
- updating nvidia drivers
- plugging the cables directly into my pc
- reinstalling steamvr
- making sure direct mode is enabled
- opt in (and out) of steamvr beta
- made sure cables are secured properly several times
- using a display port to hdmi cable
- probably others things I can't think of right now
- plugging it into a different PC with the exact same results (Also did all the same troubleshooting on that PC)
My motherboard is an ASUS z170-p and my graphics card is a 970 gtx
I have a SteamVR System Report saved as a .txt file if that is of any help...
Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!