krasi_quarkvr

Wave Native SDK: DeviceResume and DeviceSuspend events not fired

We are having trouble determining whether the use has taken off the headset. Looks like WVR_EventType_DeviceSuspend and WVR_EventType_DeviceResume events are not fired. Please advice what's the correct way for the app to know the headset has been taken off, since we need to take additional actions.

• Like 2

Same problem here.  Trying to catch these event the way described in Wave SDK manual - but no events fired.

Im checking all sections in WVR_Event_t - common, device, input -  no success.

I still recieve some other events - like recenter or battery events.

@Cotta @Tony PH Lin

I don't know if you're using Unity, but if so, then maybe what you want is the OnApplicationFocus(bool focus) callback? I use it in my game and it works for detecting when user leaves the application (goes to Home, Library, Settings etc), but I haven't tested if it detects when user takes the headset off.

Yes, I use Unity, but OnApplicationFocus is not working for me - not fired when headset off. 😞

Hi @krasi_quarkvr, @Neuromouse,

The DeviceSuspend and DeviceResume events no longer sent out since a WAVE architecture redesign longer than a year ago. May I know the reason you need these events? Our expectation is that apps basically shouldn't be needing them. You can receive Android broadcasts for screen on/off if that's what you need.

If there is a specific demand you must receive the two events, please share the use case and your expectation to us. If necessary we may study how to have them available again under current new architecture.

Glad to hear you've had this issue solved. We've notified the team to arrange adding a note on the related docs. Thank you!