Red Blinking LED on Vive Pro Base Station 2.0

Bighouse

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to restart one of my base stations after disconnecting power for some work nearby in the room. Apparently it was enough, now it starts with a blue LED but changes to a flashing red one, and I haven't been able to fix it. I would have hoped for the units to be stable enough for this =[

These LED patterns unfortunately indicate a mechanical issue that will require physical servicing. 

The fastest way to get these repaired would be to request an RMA via the live chat for your region - in the US this is found at https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/. Avoid using the email us form on that page.As these basestations are manufactured by Valve - their care process is a little more complex on the backend and may take more time than 1.0 stations which are directly manufactured by us. That said, queue times at repair centers in all regions are on the low side right now. 

• 2 weeks later...

, a red light on a basestation 2.0 indicates a mechanical fault. As the basestations are mechanical, it will need to be physically serviced. Please contact the Live support form (do not use the email form on that page) on your regions support contact page and request a basestation 2.0 RMA. 

In the UK that would be: https://www.vive.com/uk/support/contactus/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get it, after 1 week of having my $1400 Vive Pro, I have to go through some month or 2 long process to ship it out and wait for someone to tinker with it and POSSIBLY fix it at their leisure. Electronics are funny. If they ever need a repair they'll probably break multiple more times in the future. YAY! I simply want a new base. I also just wanted to add my comment so other people can see how often this must be happening. I highly suggest that you guys figure out how to make up for the time and hassle we have to go through. I just bought like $200 in games! ARGH!

• 3 weeks later...