How to test achievements?

FTF_Mike

Hi all,

We have a Unity-based app into which we've integrated the latest SDK.  We are calling init (with our proper Viveport_Id), then IsReady, then DownloadStats.  No errors along the way.  (We also created a bunch of achievements in the developer console.)  Then we make a test call to SetAchievement (followed by UploadStats), but nothing happens.  Shouldn't this trigger an in-app dialog?

We also tried uploading a beta build and playing it by launching from the Viveport client app, but still, nothing happens when an achievement should be unlocked.

Is there something else we need to do to be able to test?

Any help is much appreciated!

Hi : 

Sorry for late response. 

Did you follow the flow:

1. Init and IsReady <= support you have done and get the response successfully.

2. DownloadStats() and GetAchievement()

3. SetAchievement() <= to unlock the achievement

4. UploadStats() <= Upload your achievement status into server.

5. DownloadStats() <= to get the latest achievement value on the server. 

6. GetAchievement() <= you will get the latest achievement status. 

Did you miss any steps above? Please let me know if you have any question to use the APIs. Thanks a lot. 

Hello!  Thanks for the reply!

We do everything through step 4, but I have not yet tried step 5-6.  I had assumed that a banner would appear (as it does on Steam) indicating that an achievement was unlocked.  Is there no UI for this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi : 

Actually, we don't have any UI in developer console to show the achievement is locked or unlocked. Just need to use VIVEPORT SDK API to get the information. 

Please let us know which game store shows the inforamtion, maybe we can have a reference. 

Thank you !! 

Hi ,

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  I'm trying to understand if Viveport will automatically show a UI on top of my Unity app to show that an achievement is unlocked - just like a Unity app that was launched via Steam would have a Steam "achievement unlocked" popup automatically shown.  Does the Viveport SDK assume each app will implement their own UI to display this?

Thanks!

Hi : 

Ok, I know your question clearly.  And currently, we don't have an UI pops up to show the achievement is unlocked, but we have already a plan to do that next year. Sorry for inconvenient. 

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. We will provide more convinient API for developer and VIVEPORT SDK will get better and better. 

Thank you !!

• 7 months later...