[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: August 11, 2020)

JustinVive

May I ask when will the SDK support UE 4.23 ?

On 11/29/2019 at 6:13 PM, Cotta said:

Hi @alivelii

Sorry for the delayed response. The latest Wave SDK 3.1.4 supports UE 4.22. And it supports OpenGL ES 3.1 and Vulkan as well.

To use GLES 3.1, please find the option in ProjectSetting > Platforms > Android > Build

Uncheck "ES2" and check "ES3.1" option, then build your project.

1129.png.7d83c11cffc3538f951a456e627b95a4.png

@Cotta

@Tony PH Lin Circling back here because we have discovered the reason why we've been unable to run the latest Unity plugin 3.1.4:

It turns out that there were mobile VR packages that we thought we had removed from ProjectSettings, but were still present. Checking ProjectSettings.asset we removed "daydream" and "Oculus" and the build succeeded and ran without any AndroidManifest.xml collisions.

Everything works now. Also there is no need for us to modify the platform settings for the wvr plugins, as we indicated above. They are good as they are imported.

Edited by atonalfreerider
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @MDV Games,

we are aware that UE4.24 has deprecated the MotionController Input and we are working on a different way of supporting Unreal Engine's Input.
For now, you can follow the instructions about using the WaveVR Blueprint API for Input HERE  and use the BP Nodes IsInputButtonPressed, IsInputButtonTouched and GetInputButtonAxis

../_images/UnrealControllerButtons_IsInputButtonPressed.png

Also for your question on how to get access to Wave SDK 31.94(that does support hand tracking indeed) please check this post. It describes the process.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hello, guys.

Does Wave SDK 3.2.0 really support the Unreal Engine 4.25? After downloading and launch the file "Plugin and Samples for UE 4.25", I exported it successfully to apk file. But it doesn't work on Vive Focus. When I try to run the app the system hangs on the Unreal logo screen, the screen itself dims a bit and my only option is to manually reset the device. What could be the problem?

Wave SDK 3.2.0 works perfectly with Unreal Engine 4.24.

Maybe the problem is related with requires Android Native Development Kit Revision 21 (NDK r21) to support the development of Android projects for Unreal Engine 4.25? This requires a new setup process using Android Studio instead of Codeworks for Android 1R7u1.

For more information, click on the links below:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Platforms/Mobile/Android/Setup/AndroidStudio/index.html
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/tech-blog/updates-to-required-setup-for-android-ndk-21-in-unreal-engine-4-25

I have tried all of this, but without success.

@JustinVive, @MariosBikos_HTC, @Tony PH Lin, @Cotta

Edited by MDV Games